Patching files with DOS returns

Scot Hetzel swhetzel at gmail.com
Sat Aug 27 14:36:41 GMT 2005

On 8/27/05, Ed Schouten <ed at fxq.nl> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Some days ago I submitted a port for the Quake 3: Arena source, released
> by id Software (see PR 84853).
>
> The patches included with the port (patch-freebsd and patch-make) patch
> some files that have DOS returns (\r\n), so the patches have ^M's at the
> end of each line.
>
> My question is: will those patches be malformed if they got checked into
> CVS? Is there some kind of clean way to 'dosunix' the entire WRKSRC
> before it gets patched?

Yes, there is a way to use PERL to convert the files from DOS line
formats to UNIX line format. I have a couple of perl scripts that do
this for me on another system.  That's not accessible to me at the
moment.

If the source is distributed in a zip file you can use unzip to
convert the line formats for you, see the man page for unzip.

Scot
--
DISCLAIMER:
No electrons were mamed while sending this message. Only slightly bruised.