Sharing /usr/ports between RELENG_6 and RELENG_5

Mark Knight markk at knigma.org
Thu Aug 25 17:44:25 GMT 2005

Up until today I had two RELENG_5 machines sharing /usr/ports via NFS.
Each night one does a cvsup and a portsdb -uU.

I have just upgraded the NFS client to RELENG_6 (painless enough :).
However, now a couple of questions arise:

  1)    Can the RELENG_5 machine create INDEX-6 as well as INDEX-5?

  2)    At the moment INDEX.db is shared; I presume this is bad.  Can I
        persuade one machine to use INDEX-6.db everywhere?

Any pointers appreciated.  Thanks a lot!!
Mark A. R. Knight                               finger: markk at knigma.org
Tel: +44 7973 410732                            http://www.knigma.org/