ruby18-postgres limited to Postgresql 7.1.x

thomas vidvandre at gmail.com
Mon Aug 22 13:12:48 GMT 2005

Hi.

I tried to install ruby18-postgres only to find out it is depending on
Postgresql 7.1.x something.
I have Postgresql 8.0.3 installed and have no need of an additional Postgresql.

According to the ruby-postgres website at http://ruby.scripting.ca/postgres/ :
"This library works with PostgreSQL 6.4 - 8.0".

Is it possible to make this port a bit more versatile so that it might
work with several versions of Postgresql ? I'm a FreeBSD-newbie and
haven't figured out how to fix this myself yet. Is there a simple way
around this limitation that I've overseen ?

Btw. The port for ruby-postgres points to the old website which is no
longer updated.

--
Thomas.. just migrated to FreeBSD from GNU/Linux.