Vim syntax file for FreeBSD make?

Greg Lewis glewis at eyesbeyond.com
Fri Aug 19 15:50:38 GMT 2005

On Thu, Aug 18, 2005 at 10:22:12PM +0200, Markus Trippelsdorf wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 18, 2005 at 01:57:51PM -0600, Greg Lewis wrote:
> > I've been looking for a Vim syntax file for FreeBSD's make without success.
> > The current Makefile syntax file in Vim appears to be tailored towards
> > GNU make.  It handles common syntax fine, but then correctly highlights
> > GNU make's ifdef, ifeq, etc. while not highlighting .ifdef, .for, etc.
> > Anyone got a syntax file that handles our make better?  It would be very
> > helpful for the ports work, hence sending this request for ports@ :).
>
> You could edit /usr/local/share/vim/vim63/syntax/make.vim and insert a few
> dots and missing commands.
> Should be done in a few minutes.

I could, but I was hoping someone had made a more concerted effort already.
If someone has, then that saves me some time and its also hopefully gives
us something close to commit worthy and we can put it in as a patch for the
port, whereas me spending a few minutes probably ends up with a half-baked
hack we don't want in the ports tree.

Greg Lewis                          Email   : glewis at eyesbeyond.com