autogen - m4_pattern_allow problem

Phil Cryer phil at cryer.us
Thu Aug 18 19:04:14 GMT 2005

! NOTE: my server crashed (/var filled up) and I missed mail, so pardon if this has already been addressed, I still need a resolution.  Thank you !

I've gotten my port to use autogen.sh to make the configure, at least part way. It dies with:

configure.in:6: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE
See the Autoconf documentation.
configure.in:8: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_CONFIG_HEADER
configure.in:18: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_MAINTAINER_MODE
configure.in:127: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_PROG_LIBTOOL
*** Error code 1

I've read the docs, done google and tried adding the m4_pattern_allow to configure.in, but it doesn't fix things. Can this be added to the Makefile?

Thanks

"You teach best what you most need to learn." - Richard Bach