UPDATE [Re: Challenge during the ports freeze]

Mark Linimon linimon at lonesome.com
Tue Aug 16 19:02:15 GMT 2005

On Tue, Aug 16, 2005 at 01:00:27PM -0400, Kris Kennaway wrote:
> Check http://portsmon.droso.net (linked to from
> http://pointyhat.freebsd.org), although I don't know if it lists all
> the BROKEN ports (since they are not frequently rebuilt).

(FWIW, there is now a CNAME for portsmon at portsmon.FreeBSD.org.  I
encourage people to use that).

portsmon has a report of BROKEN ports but its idea of a BROKEN port
is one for which make -V BROKEN is non-null on i386-CURRENT.  See
http://portsmon.FreeBSD.org/portsconcordanceforbroken.py.  (In general
this will be a nearly strict superset of what's BROKEN on i386-6.)

All of the other portsmon reports are based on what pointyhat errorlogs
are generated.  For instance, for latest port build status on i386-6, see
http://portsmon.FreeBSD.org/portsconcordanceforbuildenv.py?buildenv=i386-6-full
(last full run) or for the latest results, see
http://portsmon.FreeBSD.org/portsconcordanceforbuildenv.py?buildenv=i386-6-latest .

(note: 'full' runs do not necessarily complete, so there are currently many
more ports shown on the latter result than the former.  You can also do
http://portsmon.FreeBSD.org/portsconcordanceforbuildenv.py?buildenv=i386-6
and get the union of the two.)

In these reports, as with the pointyhat pages, [B] represents 'detected
as BROKEN on this build environment but being built anyway'.

Since the freeze will last a little longer I may go ahead and post
the email about the BROKEN/EXPIRING/FORBIDDEN ports to see if we can
get a few of the former fixed.

mcl