Asterisk on amd64, no i386 package

Michael Ritter ritter at x-sites.de
Mon Aug 8 10:40:30 GMT 2005

Hi all,

after ./ports/net/asterisk gave me an "asterisk-1.0.9_1 is only for i386
sparc64, and you are running amd64", I tried the following:

./ports/net/asterisk/Makefile
Line 28: ONLY_FOR_ARCHS= i386 amd64 sparc64

./work/asterisk-1.0.9/codecs/gsm/Makefile
Line 49: ifneq (${PROC},amd64)
Line 51: endif

At least it compiled then, but dumps core almost immediately after starting
asterisk.

I also tried to apply an "make it compile on debian amd64"-patch I found
somewhere, but the changes were only minor stuff, like I did, and brought
nothing.

My System is (uname -m -r):
5.4-RELEASE-p6 amd64

Is someone familiar with the issues causing Asterisk to dump on amd64, or
is already working on it?
I'm thankful for any advice and, if I'm able to, I'm willing to work on it.
Providing an amd64 jail will also be no problem.

I also tried to grab an i386 package, but there was none. Then I came up
with the idea to build an i386 version myself, but hell, has someone a hint
where to find informations about how to build i386 versions on amd64?
And/or has someone an Asterisk i386 package for me?

Greets,
--
Michael Ritter, zypo|solutionz
Winkelpfad 97, D-53879 Euskirchen