Exim 4.52 with SPF fails

Pat Lashley patl+freebsd at volant.org
Mon Aug 8 01:52:14 GMT 2005

--On 28 July, 2005 6:21:07 PM -0400 Marcus Grando <marcus at corp.grupos.com.br>
wrote:

> Kirill,
>
> I have patch to update mail/libspf2 to 1.2.5. I test all dependencies
> (mail/postfix-policyd-spf need changes) and after that submit to upgrade.
>
> Exim problem is:
>  >http://www.exim.org/ftp/ChangeLogs/ChangeLog-4.52:
>  >TK/02 Rewrote SPF support to work with libspf2 versions >1.2.0.
>
> Jan,
>
> Please upgrade mail/libspf2 with this patch
> http://corp.grupos.com.br:8080/~marcus/patch/libspf2.patch

I applied this patch on a 5.4-STABLE (July 30) system; but I get:

../../src/libspf2/.libs/libspf2.so: undefined reference to `res_ninit'
../../src/libspf2/.libs/libspf2.so: undefined reference to `res_nclose'

when building libspf2.

A quick look at the source shows some conditional compilation chosen by the
HAVE_DECL_RES_NINIT macro; so I suspect there are just a couple of cases that
are missing the test and alternative code.

-Pat