Can Apache Ant autogerate pkg-list?

Sat Aug 6 10:08:28 GMT 2005

On Fri, 5 Aug 2005 14:13:19 -0700
"Loren M. Lang" <lorenl at alzatex.com> wrote:

> I am porting a java app that uses apache-ant as it's build/install
> framework.  I am curious if there is a way to have the apache-ant
> framework autogenerate the pkg-list file as it installs the package.

Sorry to not answer your question, but as a general rule: If a port
doesn't nearly completely change the plist based upon build-time
options, the port should come with a static plist at commit-time. This
allows to search for files without the need to install the port.

If you're asking to autogenerate the plist from ant once to have a
static plist at commit-time: Ideally the port is PREFIX clean, so run
"PREFIX=/somewhere make clean install" and generate the filelist from
there (that'S easy, since it will only contain the files of the port if
all dependencies are already installed in the default locations).

Bye,
Alexander.

--
                       There's no place like ~