Challenge during the ports freeze

Kris Kennaway kris at obsecurity.org
Thu Aug 4 21:45:57 GMT 2005

On Thu, Aug 04, 2005 at 11:34:15PM +0200, Thierry Thomas wrote:
> Le Jeu  4 ao? 05 ? 23:15:47 +0200, Kris Kennaway <kris at obsecurity.org>
>  ?crivait?:
> > Currently there are about 350 ports that are broken on i386 6.0 (see
> > http://pointyhat.freebsd.org/errorlogs/i386-6-failure.html).  Since
> > we're now in ports freeze, it's the perfect time to take a look at
> > some of these ports and see about fixing them.  Many of them are easy
> > to fix, they just require a few moments of care and attention.
>
> Many of them fail because math/atlas is missing, but I don't find it on
> this page, neither on
> <http://portsmon.droso.net/portsconcordance.py?category=math> neither on
> <http://pointyhat.freebsd.org/errorlogs/i386-6-full-logs/>.
>
> I have it built on my 6.0-beta machine.
> Was it removed from your build?

I wasn't counting those, but the atlas build typically aborts
abnormally in such a way that the error isn't noticed and the
dependent ports try to build.  I haven't investigated why this occurs,
because the atlas package should not be built at all on the cluster
(in order to be useful it needs to be optimized for the local host,
and this cannot be done on a machine running builds in parallel).

Kris