devel/pwlib and net/openh323 update coming

Steve Ames steve at virtual-voodoo.com
Thu Aug 4 18:56:52 GMT 2005

Just checking to see if there any updates on this? I realize that there is
now a ports-freeze so there isn't going to be a commit at all, but any
feedback?

Would it speed things up a bit if we baby step into things a little? Instead
of going to 1.8.5/1.15.4 (or 1.9.1/1.17.2) what about if we do an upgrade to
Janus-Patch4 (PWLib 1.6.6.3, OpenH323 1.13.5.2)? After that release came
Pandora and there were a couple of API changes in both pwlib and openh323
that will cause some applications (net/asterisk-oh323 jumps to mind) not
compile without some serious patching. However Janus4 is (I believe) API
compatible with the versions currently in the tree and hence any negative
impact on ports already in the tree should be minimal and easily fixed.

Then we could put a newer version also into the ports tree (call it
pwlib-current or some such) which would allow people who wanted to work with
newer versions and produce patches for other packages to do so without
affecting the installed userbase. The two versions should "CONFLICTS=" one
another to avoid anyone shooting themselves in the foot.

Thoughts?