leaner and meaner www/firefox

Jeremy Messenger mezz7 at cox.net
Wed Aug 3 20:36:50 GMT 2005

On Wed, 03 Aug 2005 15:27:03 -0500, Mikhail Teterin
<mi+mx at aldan.algebra.com> wrote:

>> It's what I was trying to explain. If library doesn't need to be bump
>> [...]
>
> I'll wait for a real life example of failure stemming from my insistence
> on
> not using major library number, when not need.
>
> The easiest for you is, probably, to try removing nspr's major version
> from
> nss' Makefile and compare the two packages.

Well, it's not just remove nspr's major version. Need a real library
version difference. Example, have new library installed and removing
nspr's major version then build package. Downgrade one of library that has
difference library shared version like foobar.so.5 -> foobar.so.4 and
install that nspr package with no major version. I think I will try to
test MarcusCom CVS stuff in my jail.

Cheers,
Mezz

> 	-mi