PR machine broken?

Paul Schmehl pauls at utdallas.edu
Mon Aug 1 16:44:19 GMT 2005

--On Monday, August 01, 2005 18:37:12 +0200 Thierry Thomas
<thierry at FreeBSD.org> wrote:

> Le Lun  1 aoû 05 à 17:41:27 +0200, Sam Lawrance <boris at brooknet.com.au>
>  écrivait :
>> On Mon, 2005-08-01 at 10:20 -0500, Paul Schmehl wrote:
>> > I submitted an update to x11-toolkits/iwidgets over the weekend.  I
>> > have  still not received the obligatory bot response.  I'm also having
>> > no luck  querying the PRs for anything I've submitted recently.
>> >
>> > Is the PR machine broken?
>>
>> Hmm.  Well, it's there:
>>
>>                            Subject:
>> ports/84369: new port,
>> x11-toolkits/iwidgets, replacement
>> for existing port, *not* a patch
>
> By the way, this is really an update, and the RCS tag must be preserved.
> You should resubmit it as a patch, because it will be committed this
> way, and we want to keep the history in CVS.

OK.  Should I resubmit using the PR that was just issued?

> I had a quick look at this port, and noted something strange: it depends
> on both tcl/tk 83 and 84; is that normal? CATEGORIES are set to tk83...

I wasn't sure what to do with that.  The port uses tk84 and does not
require tk83, but there *is* no category for tk84 (should one be create?),
so I left that alone.

I wasn't sure that I should do patches, because the new port is radically
different from the old port.  If I do patches, I'll also have to add text
explaining the changes.  Not quite sure how to proceed......

Paul Schmehl (pauls at utdallas.edu)
Adjunct Information Security Officer
University of Texas at Dallas
AVIEN Founding Member