/usr/ports/games/doomlegacy

Michael C. Shultz ringworm01 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 19:21:38 PDT 2005

On Monday 25 April 2005 18:57, Christopher Nehren wrote:
> On 2005-04-26, Michael C. Shultz scribbled these
>
> curious markings:
> > /usr/ports/games/doomlegacy
>
> Have you thought of, just perhaps:
> pkg_info -Lx doomlegacy | grep bin
> ?
>
> > /usr/local/bin/doomsday -g jdoom -f
> > /usr/local/share/deng/Data/jDoom/jDoom.wad
>
> ... that's for games/doomsday, which you start with deng, as the
> pkg-message clearly shows you when you install it.
>
> Best Regards,
> Christopher Nehren

pkg_info -Lx doomlegacy | grep bin
returns:

/usr/local/bin/legacy

which returns

Error: Main WAD file not found
You need either doom.wad, doom1.wad, doom2.wad,
tnt.wad, plutonia.wad, heretic.wad or heretic1.wad
from any sharware or commercial version of Doom or Heretic!
If you have one of those files, be sure it has the correct case
or use the -IWAD command line switch.

find shows none of the "wad" files on the hard drive and there seems to be no
instructions on how to acquire them.

also,  "... that's for games/doomsday, which you start with deng, as the
 pkg-message clearly shows you when you install it." does not seem to work as
the pkg-info suggested it should when I ran "/usr/local/bin/doomsday -g jdoom
-f /usr/local/share/deng/Data/jDoom/jDoom.wad".

-Mike