splitting courier-authlib into master+slave ports

Jose M Rodriguez josemi at freebsd.jazztel.es
Sun Apr 24 11:08:47 PDT 2005

El Domingo, 24 de Abril de 2005 19:47, Oliver Lehmann escribió:
> Jose M Rodriguez wrote:
> > I can't realize what can you get from courier-authlib-pwd that you
> > can't get from libauthpam.
>
> Thats exactly the point why it won't be installed by default. I can
> only think of rare cases (I don't want PAM because of <arguments>).
>
> > Ah, yes, you can get some mail from a novice asking you why this
> > ports exist.  +12000 ports are enough for me.
>
> That is not your truth, is it? the number of ports is no argument.
>
> I'll stop this discussing now since I feel it is the time to get it
> done. I'l request repocopies and after that I'll commit it.

I think you missed the point. You may do libauthpam with -base or in a
courier-authlib-pam.  I can live well with both ways.  Just choose one.

But I can't see any reason to support libauthpwd.  If we do, I'll ask
you why we don't support libauthshadow.

As I point before, libauthpwd, libauthshadow and libauthpam are three
modules to choose the one that better fits in your system.  And, in a
FreeBSD system from 4.x and up, this is libauthpam.

I still have the feeling that you suppouses some inter-dependencies
between those modules.  Allthough all three share some code, they are
really independent.

I'll finish my actual work and mail/post it as I describe before.  Take
what you like from this.

--
  josemi