Compiling openoffice-1.1.4 under 4.11-RELEASE-p3

Rich Winkel rich at math.missouri.edu
Sat Apr 23 23:21:17 PDT 2005

I thought the rtld.c patch was supposed to be in post 4.11-release,
but the makefile still gives the "rtld depends on _end symbol" error
and the latest releng_4 version of rtld.c still doesn't have the patch.

I bravely commented out the "broken" lines in the makefile and tried
making it without mozilla and without java.
Several zillion bit twiddles later, it sed:

zip -j -5 "../unxfbsd.pro/01/normal/f_0384" "/usr/ports/editors/openoffice-1.1/w
ork/solver/645/unxfbsd.pro/bin/dtappintegrate"
  adding: dtappintegrate (deflated 80%)
optimize summary: 0 kb
Replacing ${EVAL} with
Replacing ${FILEFORMATNAME} with OpenOffice.org
Replacing ${FILEFORMATVERSION} with 1.0
Replacing ${LONG_PRODUCTEXTENSION} with
Replacing ${PRODUCTEXTENSION} with
Replacing ${PRODUCTNAME} with OpenOffice.org
Replacing ${PRODUCTVERSION} with 1.1.4

time needed: 0:0:44

WARNING! Project(s):
gtk
not found and couldn't be built. Correct build.lsts.

And died.  Is this a lost cause?  Should I just install the package?
Is this error related to the rtld.c issue?

Thanks,
Rich