Depending on other ports with OPTIONS

Paul A. Hoadley paulh at logicsquad.net
Sat Apr 23 00:17:19 PDT 2005

On Fri, Apr 22, 2005 at 11:31:43PM -0700, Kris Kennaway wrote:

> It is a FAQ,

Sorry.

> The solution is to make a slave port that enables the option you
> need, depend on that, and make it conflict with the other
> non-enabled versions of the port.

Just bear with me for a few more minutes...  So the approach would be
to make refdb-mysql, refdb-pgsql and refdb-sqlite, each of which
depend on the appropriate libdbi-driver, and refdb with common code?
How do I make these slaves conflict with the non-enabled versions of
libdbi-drivers---that is, how does "CONFLICTS=libdbi-drivers-0.7.1_2"
differentiate between having chosen, say, libmysql or libpgsql when it
was built?  Or have I misunderstood your advice?

(BTW, I'm happy to go off and read about this somewhere, but other
than this:

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/porters-handbook/porting-masterdir.html

I'm finding a lot of past mailing list traffic in which people
discussing 'slave ports' already know what they're doing.  Can someone
suggest a port which depends on specific build options of another port
in this way which I could examine?)

--
Paul.

w  http://logicsquad.net/