pkg_add -r fails because of locked dirs

Michael Nottebrock michaelnottebrock at gmx.net
Wed Apr 20 08:51:21 PDT 2005

On Wednesday, 20. April 2005 16:23, Chris wrote:

> Reason is I was in the middle of a writing a guide for an author of a
> common webhosting panel and giving him commands for easy installation
> of a package but now it seems the process is suddenly more complicated
> because pkg_add -r wont work, for now I will do an alternative of
> fetching the package from 5-stable then a pkg_add with the filename.

You can point pkg_add to the stable packages with the PACKAGESITE environment
variable (takes a complete URL), so it will fetch them when invoked with -r.
You can also point pkg_add to a mirrorsite of ftp.freebsd.org with either the
PACKAGESITE or the PACKAGEROOT environment variable, see the pkg_add manpage
for more information.

   ,_,   | Michael Nottebrock               | lofi at freebsd.org