Port build appends -lm repeatedly

Jon Drews jon.drews at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 10:30:54 PDT 2005

Port GSL-1.6
5.3-STABLE FreeBSD 5.3-STABLE #0: Mon Jan 31
gcc version 3.4.2 [FreeBSD] 20040728

Hi:

  I am testing math/gsl before sending it in. I captured the output of
the make to look for any problems or aberrations. I did find this one
minor glitch. The final line of the make contains repeated math
library calls:
cc -O2 -pipe -march=pentiumpro -o .libs/gsl-histogram gsl-histogram.o
.libs/libgsl.so -lm -lm -lm -lm -lm -lm -lm -lm -lm -lm -lm -lm -lm
  -lm -lm -lm -lm -lm -lm -lm -lm -lm -lm -lm -lm -lm -lm -lm -lm -lm
-lm -lm -lm -lm -lm -lm -lm -lm -lm -lm -lm -lm -lm cblas/.libs/libg
slcblas.so -lm -lm  -Wl,--rpath -Wl,/usr/local/lib

1) are the repeated -lm a problem
2) how can I fix it ?

This only happens with the last line of the compile.

                                              Kind regards
                                              Jonathan