mozilla's install hanging on amd64

Jose M Rodriguez josemi at freebsd.jazztel.es
Mon Apr 11 13:21:47 PDT 2005

El Monday 11 April 2005 18:29, Mikhail Teterin escribió:
> > I don't really care to argue with you on this.  If you want to be
> > upset that your special gcc flags don't work, that's your business.
>
> My whole point, Scott, is that there is nothing special about "my gcc
> flags". NOTHING. Setting CPUTYPE to match one's processor flavor is a
> long-documented way to do things -- fact. Such setting results in the
> corresponding -march=XXX automatically -- fact. All ports must handle
> this. Those that can not are broken. Plan and simple. There is
> nothing to argue: `-O -pipe -march=opteron' must work.

This is a very agressive aproach. -march=opteron is supported in
previous versions of gcc(3)?  I think no. Can you try a more
conservative approach like -march=pentium-mmx -mtune=optetron?

But, in the meantime, I think that behave as firefox maybe a better
aproach:

.if defined(WITH_OPTIMIZED_CFLAGS)
CFLAGS:=	-O2 -fno-strict-aliasing ${CFLAGS:N-O*}
.else
CFLAGS:=	-O ${CFLAGS:N-O*:N-m*}
CONFIGURE_ARGS+=	--enable-optimize=-O
.endif