Trying to debug bind 9.3.1 out of memory problem.

Matthew D. Fuller fullermd at over-yonder.net
Wed Apr 6 14:07:15 PDT 2005

On Tue, Apr 05, 2005 at 04:43:43PM -1000 I heard the voice of
Booker Apelin, and lo! it spake thus:

> It would be nice to know what the default values are and what the
> numbers affect specifically.  Like does it change the process max to
> 1GB now?  I tried googling and looking through the handbook for an
> explanation of these options but couldn't find anything definitive.
> If anybody has a link or a doc that describe how this works I'd
> appreciate it.

The comment in sys/conf/NOTES is a reasonable thumbnail:

# Certain applications can grow to be larger than the 512M limit
# that FreeBSD initially imposes.  Below are some options to
# allow that limit to grow to 1GB, and can be increased further
# with changing the parameters.  MAXDSIZ is the maximum that the
# limit can be set to, and the DFLDSIZ is the default value for
# the limit.  MAXSSIZ is the maximum that the stack limit can be
# set to.  You might want to set the default lower than the max,
# and explicitly set the maximum with a shell command for processes
# that regularly exceed the limit like INND.

I don't know anything more detailed.

Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)   |  fullermd at over-yonder.net