Trying to debug bind 9.3.1 out of memory problem.

Booker Apelin eulogio.apelin at lava.net
Tue Apr 5 19:43:35 PDT 2005

Thanks for the tip.  It worked.  Although the option itself wasn't in the
GENERIC file so we added it to our kernel config file and recompiled.

options MAXDSIZ="(1024*1024*1024)"
options DFLDSIZ="(1024*1024*1024)"

It would be nice to know what the default values are and what the numbers
affect specifically.  Like does it change the process max to 1GB now?  I
tried googling and looking through the handbook for an explanation of these
options but couldn't find anything definitive.  If anybody has a link or a
doc that describe how this works I'd appreciate it.

Mahalo,
Booker