p5-POE-Component-IRC maintainer AWOL; no MX record for domain, domain's port 25 is refused.

Pav Lucistnik pav at FreeBSD.org
Tue Apr 5 13:55:16 PDT 2005

Christopher Nehren píše v út 05. 04. 2005 v 20:42 +0000:

> I've prepared an update for p5-POE-Component-IRC bringing it into this
> year (the last update was about two years ago, in 8/2003). The last
> update that the maintainer made was also their only update -- bringing
> it up to 2.6. Every update since then (aside from a pkg-comment removal)
> has seen a maintainer timeout and has been contributed by Mathieu
> Arnold. What's the proper procedure in a situation like this? I can't
> contact the maintainer because their host
>
> 1. doesn't have any MX records at all (*sigh*)
> 2. doesn't even accept connections on port 25 (refusing them)

The only viable solution is to reset maintainership of his ports.
Which I just did.

> I would be glad to step up as maintainer of the port, if no one has any
> objections.

Send-pr your update and state your intent to maintain the port there.

--
Pav Lucistnik <pav at oook.cz>
              <pav at FreeBSD.org>

Just because you're an angel doesn't mean you have to be a fool.