apache+mod_ssl signal 4

Chuck Swiger cswiger at mac.com
Sun Apr 3 12:56:01 PDT 2005

Uzi Klein wrote:
[ ... ]
> I see, when i disable mod_php everything works...
> Is there a conflict i don't know?

The answer may be yes.  It's not your fault-- if people wrote portable
software, /usr/ports would still be useful but not require nearly as much work.

> php is also compiled ( from source, not ports ) with openssl support.

Signal 4's are a good sign of a binary compiled for the wrong architecture; a
signal 11 could mean a program bug (you are using PHP, after all), or it could
mean marginal hardware.

Try using PHP from the ports and see whether that runs better.  If it does,
well, take a look at what the port changes, and you've probably located the
source of your current problems.

--
-Chuck