dri/drm/blender problem: no redraw?

Lauri JJärvenpää Lauri.Jarvenpaa at students.turkuamk.fi
Mon Sep 27 11:31:36 PDT 2004

Hi.

When using ports/graphics/blender on FreeBSD 4.10 with drm-kmod-0.9.6 and
dri-5.0.2,2 with Matrox G400 DualHead, scene is not redrawn after mouse
click. Instead screen just goes grey. Same happens when editing mesh.
Similar problems exist with menus: their backdrop is not drawn. Instead
text is drawn on scene, making it impossible to read.

This problem appeared (I think, didn't write it down back then) in dri
version 5.x. Because once I had a working OpenGL setup. Problem exists in
every tested Blender version (2.28, 2.3x), so it must be in the drivers.

And as I've heard of no-one who has experienced this with other cards, I
would say it is a MGA DRI/DRM problem.

I have sent several mails and filed a bug report about it at dri bugzilla,
but nobody seems to be interested. If Matrox G400 is unsupported by dri
project (and therefore by FreeBSD ports), shouldn't it be dropped from the
package?

Or, even better, would it be possible to offer older, probably working DRI
via ports tree?

Btw: this problem exists also with Slackware and Matrox G400 DH (I have
heard).

Cheers,
lauri j