Proftpd rc.d proftpd.sh broken?

Haulmark, Chris chris at sigd.net
Tue Sep 21 05:14:23 PDT 2004

No I did not.  The reason was just in case the box reboots randomly
and loads a "broken" script.

I added this in /etc/rc.conf and it worked!

I am confused that it wasn't required for either apache.sh or
the mysql.sh's to be enabled in /etc/rc.conf since I started up
both services without editing the /etc/rc.conf directly from the
/usr/local/etc/rc.d directory.

In other words, I just started up the services then added the required
entries in /etc/rc.conf in case of a box reboot and I wanted the services
to resume operation upon boot up.  Proftpd didn't work in this case, only
those two others, mysql and apache.

> --
> Riemer Palstra
> riemer at palstra.com

Chris Haulmark
System Admin. Freelancer
"In market of a IT corrections position for a salary."