Proftpd rc.d proftpd.sh broken?

Haulmark, Chris chris at sigd.net
Tue Sep 21 01:41:14 PDT 2004

I installed proftpd-1.2.10.r3 via the ports.

I configured the proftpd.conf according.

Now when I try to use /usr/local/etc/rc.d/proftpd.sh to start up
the proftpd and use sockstat or netstat to check if proftpd is
up and running, it isn't working.

When I run proftpd:

/usr/local/libexec/proftpd

It shows in sockstat:

nobody   proftpd  12571    0 tcp4   *:21                  *:*

When I kill the proftpd and try running:

/usr/local/etc/rc.d/proftpd.sh start

It shows no errors or any clues that it has started up. Netstat,
ps, or sockstat shows that proftpd is not running.

Is there any modifications I need to do to this proftpd.sh?

--
Chris Haulmark
System Admin. Freelancer