All Skins are downloaded even if I select only the default Skin

Thomas E. Zander riggs at rrr.de
Mon Sep 20 22:43:33 PDT 2004

Good morning,

Am Tue, dem 21. Sep 2004, um 10:50 +0930 Uhr schrubte Greg 'groggy' Lehey
zum Thema [Re: All Skins are downloaded even if I select only the default Skin]:

> Yes, "skins" are a *pain*.  I ran into this problem recently and
> solved it by removing all except for the first "skin" from the
> Makefile.

Well, personally I consider the idea of having a skin-port somewhat
insane (do we have a mozilla-themes port??), but it seemed that an
out-of-the-box-installation for the graphical frontend was what many
users want.
For some time I've been thinking that it would be best to just remove
the skins port and let the users download the skin they want to install
in ~. (I don't use that gui at all, but that might differ from user
to user...)
The problem with the default skin is known and will be fixed as soon as
ports freeze allows.
But what about the port in general? Voices?

Riggs

--
- Die Welt schläft tief schon lange Zeit | Sent with RiggiSmooth [tm] -
-- Mich nur flieht die Dunkelheit        | ------------------------- --