Transparencies issues?

Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH allbery at ece.cmu.edu
Sun Sep 19 13:46:58 PDT 2004

On Sun, 2004-09-19 at 16:34, Chris wrote:
> > It may depend on which program you use to set your background. Try with
> > Esetroot for example, and aterm should have transparency too.
>
> What is Esetroot? I did make search key=esetroot in /usr/ports and
> nothing pops up.

2 at rushlight:9934 Z$ pkg_info -W =Esetroot
/usr/X11R6/bin/Esetroot was installed by package eterm-0.9.2_1

(this machine's not been updated since early March --- and ports churn
more or less guarantees it won't be until I nuke it and fresh install
5.3 or etc. --- but I doubt things have changed *that* much)

I actually use wmsetbg with wterm (should be pretty much the same as
aterm and rxvt):
2 at rushlight:4971 Z$ pkg_info -W =wmsetbg
/usr/X11R6/bin/wmsetbg was installed by package windowmaker-0.80.2_3

however I run wmaker as my window manager.  KDE may well have its own
way of setting the background.

--
brandon s. allbery    [linux,solaris,freebsd,perl]     allbery at kf8nh.com
system administrator      [WAY too many hats]        allbery at ece.cmu.edu
electrical and computer engineering, carnegie mellon univ.         KF8NH