linuxpluginwrapper-20040831

jesse marquez jmarquez at telenetwork.com
Fri Sep 17 14:41:22 PDT 2004

$mozilla

mozilla-bin: Fatal IO error 78 (Function not implemented) on X server :0.0.

--------------------

Notes-
Installed port linuxpluginwrapper using the guide located at
http://forums.bsdnexus.com/viewtopic.php?p=911#911

#/etc/libmap.conf
# Flash6 with Mozilla/Firebird/Galeon/Epiphany
[/usr/local/lib/linux-flashplugin6/libflashplayer.so]
libpthread.so.0                 pluginwrapper/flash6.so *
libdl.so.2                      pluginwrapper/flash6.so *
libz.so.1                       libz.so.2
libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3        libstdc++.so.4
libm.so.6                       libm.so.2
libc.so.6                       pluginwrapper/flash6.so *

I can succesfully run Mozilla or Firefox if I comment out one of the
indicated(*) lines above in my libmap.conf. Naturally, that leads me to
this error -

LoadPlugin: failed to initialize shared library
/usr/local/lib/linux-flashplugin6/libflashplayer.so
[Shared object "libpthread.so.0" not found, required by "libflashplayer.so"]

I've tried rm -r the port directory and recvsuping. I've also tried
reinstalling linuxpluginwrapper and
linux-flashplugin in diffrent orders.

#/etc/make.conf
CPUTYPE=athlon-xp
PERL_VER=5.6.1
PERL_VERSION=5.6.1
PERL_ARCH=mach
NOPERL=yo
NO_PERL=yo
NO_PERL_WRAPPER=yo
WITH_LIBMAP=yes
WITH_GTK2=yes
WITH_DROPSHADOW=yes
WITHOUT_CHATZILLA=yes
WITHOUT_IPV6=yes
X_WINDOW_SYSTEM=xorg

I've been working on this all morning and I've been unable to locate any
further information
on this issue. Any help is greatly appreciated. thanks ^^