Fwd: Re: Drop of portindex

Radek Kozlowski radek at raadradd.com
Tue Sep 14 12:44:02 PDT 2004

----- Forwarded message from Ion-Mihai Tetcu <itetcu at people.tecnik93.com> -----

From: Ion-Mihai Tetcu <itetcu at people.tecnik93.com>
To: Ceri Davies <ceri at submonkey.net>
Cc: Radek Kozlowski <radek at raadradd.com>, ports at freebsd.org
Subject: Re: Drop of portindex
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 22:33:07 +0300

[ Ceri or Radek, I'm unable to post on ports@ now because of dns issues;
I would be grateful if you could fw. this mail for me. Thanks ]

> From: Radim Kolar <hsn at netmag.cz>
> To: Radek Kozlowski <radek at raadradd.com>, ports at freebsd.org
> Subject: Re: Drop of portindex
> Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 14:56:20 +0200
>
>  > Are there any problems with portindex?
>  No, there were some minor problems with annoying portindex's users, but there
>  have been fully fixed today by killing portindex.
>  > Radim, can you please clarify under what licence you've released the previous
>  > versions of portindex?
>  There was no licence actually, i have forgot it. Thanks God for it! This my
>  mistake makes killing portindex very easy. Copyright laws disables use and
>  distribuition unless you have permission from by author, which you don't have.

Radim, when the distfile for portindex was not fetch-able I offered you
space and bandwidth on my company server.

In a private discussion I've also told you that I won't impose hard
quotas on the space/bandwidth  you can use on the server for other of
your projects, in reasonable limits.

Given you're attitude (of which, on a personal level I am very
disappointed) I must ask you to add:

a) either a disclaimer to all your files on the server
or
b) a single _web accessible_ file

that clarifies the copyright of those files and which makes clear that
nor I (Ion-Mihai Tetcu) or Tecnik'93 S.R.L. are to be hold responsible
for the content, eventual damages produced by, terms of use, copyright
changes, etc. of http://people.tecnik93.com/~radim/ and its
sub-directories and that we're providing web space and access for you on
'bona fide' basics. If you can not / want not to do that please drop me
an email when you have copied your content from there so that I can
disable your login.

Thanks you,

---
IOnut
Unregistered ;) FreeBSD "user"
5.3-BETA4 - try `sysctl debug.witness_watch=0`
and prepare to fly :-)

----- End forwarded message -----