Depending on a static library

Volker Stolz vs at freebsd.org
Tue Sep 14 06:21:20 PDT 2004

In gmane.os.freebsd.devel.ports, you wrote:
>> I'm truly convinced this is possible, but the Porter's handbook does not
>> say anything about it.  The only way I found is using the DEPENDS statement,
>> but if I understood correctly while reading bsd.port.mk, this is not a
>> conditional inclusion, it simply make a target in the specified directory.
>> Is there any clean way to achieve this ?
>
> BUILD_DEPENDS=  ${LOCALBASE}/lib/libbg.a:${PORTSDIR}/devel/bglibs \
>                 ${LOCALBASE}/lib/libcvm-client.a:${PORTSDIR}/security/cvm

That's right. Just to state the obvious: There's no way of making sure
you get the "correct version" of a static library since there's neither the
notion of versioning them nor does the ports infrastructure provide an
alternative.

Volker
--
http://www-i2.informatik.rwth-aachen.de/stolz/ *** PGP *** S/MIME