Drop of portindex

Rob B rbyrnes at mailshack.com
Mon Sep 13 21:16:46 PDT 2004

At 08:56 AM 14/09/2004, Radek Kozlowski wrote:
>On Mon, Sep 13, 2004 at 02:19:35PM -0700, Jonathan Weiss wrote:
> > Cheers,
> >

> > I just noticed that portindex was removed from the ports-tree:
> > http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=ports/71534
> >
> > I just started to use portindex as an faster replacement for portsdb and I
> > ask myself if there are any issues with further using it.
> >
> > Are there any problems with portindex or why it is dropped?
>
>Radim, can you please clarify under what licence you've released the
>previous versions of portindex?
>
>I have to say that I'm very surprised by your decision, as portindex is
>a great program and many people (myself included) started to like it
>(and use it). Pity.

I would say, from reading the pr, and the fact that there is no licence
specified, that the author has released it into the public domain - as well
as  relinquishing copyright.  Since the licence on this version has either
been changed or not specified, anyone could possibly pick up the project.

Cheers,
Rob

--
Antibiotics, she said.

This is random quote 267 of 1265.

Distance from the centre of the brewing universe
[15200.8 km (8207.8 mi), 262.8 deg](Apparent) Rennerian

Public Key fingerprint = 6219 33BD A37B 368D 29F5  19FB 945D C4D7 1F66 D9C5