FreeBSD Port: popa3d-0.6.4.1

John Von Essen john at essenz.com
Mon Sep 6 21:23:54 PDT 2004

I have a question. When I install popa3d-before-smtp, I have the
following conditions:

-popa3d is running, and logs to daemon facility
-/etc/mail/popauth.db is being updated with IP's
-popauth.m4 hack is installed

Here is the problem. The popauth.m4 hack is expecting data in the
popauth map to look like:

POP:1.2.3.4 :OK

Where the IP 1.2.3.4 is allowed to relay. However, popa3d is putting
data in popauth map such that it looks like:

<IP> <UNIX_TIME>
1.2.3.4 1064123123

The m4 hack is looking for a different format, and as a result the
pop-before-smtp functionality is not working. Any ideas?

-John