portindex -- the second coming.

Matthew Seaman m.seaman at infracaninophile.co.uk
Sun Oct 31 03:31:19 PST 2004

On Sun, Oct 31, 2004 at 12:18:10PM +0200, Ion-Mihai Tetcu wrote:
> On Sat, 30 Oct 2004 23:51:07 +0100
> Matthew Seaman <m.seaman at infracaninophile.co.uk> wrote:
>
> >  Slightly later than planned (real life getting in the way I'm afraid),
> >  here's the third (and I hope final) beta version:
>
> Wouldn't be a good idea to change this default (portindex.cfg.sample) :
>
> - # $::Config{CacheDir} = '/var/tmp';
> +# $::Config{CacheDir} = '/var/db/ports';
>
> After all, one wants this files preserved across reboots, etc.

Drat.  Missed that -- it should say /var/tmp/portindex now.  Anyhow,
using /var/tmp was just for convenience while testing.  The plan
always was to use /var/db/portindex for the officially installed
version.

Besides, on very many (perhaps most) systems, /var/tmp will survive
across reboots.  Which is why it's there and not in /tmp.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

                                                      Savill Way