Fixing Tripwire on FreeBSD 5.3.x (WIP)

Patrick Dung patrick_dkt at yahoo.com.hk
Fri Oct 29 00:36:54 PDT 2004

Hi

I am working on the tripwire port to fix the compile problem in FreeBSD
5.3.x

After changing several configuration files, I have complied the
tripwire port on FreeBSD 5.3.x successfully. I am preparing a problem
report.

However, I have several questions:

1)
If other ports include malloc.h, it should just igonre (let it include
malloc.h) or change all instance of malloc.h to stdlib.h ?

2) What is meant by the '__STDC__' macro?

3)
I have let tripwire to compile with the gcc295 port compiler instead of
the system (gcc342) compiler.
I have seen lots of warning (not error) during compilation, is it safe?

4) Could somebody explain the difference between -pthread and -lpthread
in gcc2/3 and freebsd4/5?

Regards
Patrick