big5fs

Clive Lin clive at tongi.org
Thu Oct 28 10:02:47 PDT 2004

On Wed, Oct 27, 2004 at 09:32:38PM +0800, ÂΤl wrote:
> When the filename cannot be converted to big5 (the chars isn't included
> by big5 codepage), system seems to crash.
> An idea is that convert the chars excluded by big5 codepage to '_', just
> like the original kernel module.
>                                     Gmo Bug, who loves FreeBSD very much

What FreeBSD release do you use?

On rescent 5.x or 6.0, it's pretty easy to do the convertion like

# mount -t ntfs -o -Ccp950 /dev/ad0s2 /mnt
# mount -t msdosfs -o -Dcp950 /dev/ad0s3 /mnt

Personally I didn't touch that port for a long time, since mount(8)
can handle it pretty well now.

--
Clive Tong-I Lin | http://tongi.org | PGP KeyID: A008C03E