RELEASE_X_Y_Z branches/tags maintained??

Mark Linimon linimon at lonesome.com
Mon Oct 25 14:58:19 PDT 2004

On Mon, 25 Oct 2004, Roman Kennke wrote:

> Maybe, if there is _enough_ interest, somebody (starting with me??)
> could start a separate (from FreeBSD) project, that aims to maintain a
> stable FreeBSD ports tree.

I'd rather try to talk you into helping out on our existing PRs :-)

Alternatively, if having a completely stable ports tree is a showstopper
for you, pkgsrc is supposed to run on FreeBSD.  But as someone else has
noted, you're basically going to be doing a 100% reinstall to do that.

In general I think we do a pretty good job on keeping the 'critical'
ports in good shape (modulo freezes).

mcl