portindex -- the second coming.

Matthew Seaman m.seaman at infracaninophile.co.uk
Sat Oct 23 04:12:57 PDT 2004

On Fri, Oct 22, 2004 at 04:38:54PM +0100, Matthew Seaman wrote:

> After the recent fun and games with the sysutils/portindex port by
> Radim Kolar, it seems there is a pent up demand for software that can
> maintain /usr/ports/INDEX without the hassle of going through a full
> 'make index' every time you want to update.
>
> I've put together a few bits of perl to achieve that.  Now I'm looking
> for people to try it out, send me feedback, bug reports, suggestions
> etc.  To be beta testers in fact.

> If you'ld like to be a tester, please grab the tar-ball from:
>
>     http://www.infracaninophile.co.uk/portindex/portindex-0.1.tar.bz2

I've added some patches to make portindex cope with broken dependency
problems more gracefully and to tidy up the error messages it produces:

    http://www.infracaninophile.co.uk/portindex/portindex-0.2.tar.bz2

There's no need to re-initialise the cache if you've already built one.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

                                                      Savill Way