ports/www is too full

Parv parv at pair.com
Fri Oct 22 18:56:10 PDT 2004

in message <447jpiqzyx.fsf at be-well.ilk.org>,
wrote Lowell Gilbert thusly...

> > Mark Linimon writes:
>
> > I often want to look at all programs which do <foo>, where FOO is
> > far more detailed than the existing categories support.
>
> That's a hard problem, because it can get into semantics.  I don't
> really see any new approaches to the problem that will do better
> than "make search key="

There is a Perl module in the ports tree named FreeBSD::Ports with
which a port can be identified by contents of comment, if not by
pkg-desrc, besides other things.

Ah, here it is (output is from my own index search tool, parse-index;
perl 5.8.5 has been installed here)...

            name:  p5-FreeBSD-Ports-0.04
          origin:  /usr/ports/textproc/p5-FreeBSD-Ports
  install-prefix:  /usr/local
         comment:  Perl modules for parsing FreeBSD's Ports INDEX file
      maintainer:  tom at FreeBSD.org
        category:  textproc
        category:  perl5
       build-dep:  perl-5.8.5