ports/www is too full

Robert Huff roberthuff at rcn.com
Fri Oct 22 10:38:44 PDT 2004

Mark Linimon writes:

>  There is also the school of thought that we ought to identify
>  what problem we are trying to solve, and if it's merely a
>  'search/browse' type of problem, then we should fix our
>  search/browse interfaces and leave the directory layout alone.
>
>  Unfortunately, this school of thought seems to have only one
>  adherent, which is myself :-)

	Coung mr in.
	It occurs we may be looking at multiple "problems", which may
or may mot have compatible solutions.  Someone mentioned finding a
(popular) port with a known name; I often want to look at all
programs which do <foo>, where FOO is far more detailed than the
existing categories support.
	Anyone else?

				Robert Huff