apache2 port

Clement Laforet sheepkiller at cultdeadsheep.org
Fri Oct 1 00:31:32 PDT 2004

On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 17:41:19 -0400
"Peter C. Lai" <sirmoo at cowbert.net> wrote:
[please next time, CC' me]

hi,

> On Thu, Sep 30, 2004 at 02:10:00PM -0700, Eli Dart wrote:

> > > if PORTVERSION isn't 2.0.51 then you shouldn't be getting anything
> > > in 2.0.51(if you say the vulnerability was only introduced with
> > > 2.0.51).
> >
> > Of course.  However, the main reason for rolling version 2.0.51 was
> > to fix 3 security problems.  The maintainer chose to keep version
> > 2.0.50 and apply patches for those vulnerabilities rather than
> > update the port to version 2.0.51.  If those patches were the only
> > changes between 2.0.50 and 2.0.51, then the version in ports (as
> > installed) is vulnerable, whatever PORTVERSION says.

I choose to keep 2.0.50 to avoid, during ports freeze, possible
regression problems (and they happened).
Apache 2.0.51 wasn't a security only release, it has just been
prematurily released due to potential critical security issues.
CAN-2004-0811 was introduced by changes in Stafisfy directive.
(please refer to CHANGES file)
I didn't backport it, so apache-2.0.50_3 is NOT vulnerable.
In case of, it'd be surely fixed by now.

it fixed too, http://www.vuxml.org/freebsd/4d49f4ba-071f-11d9-b45d-000c41e2cdad.html

> Then it is vulnerable. Could the port maintainer confirm this and if
> so, file a vuxml document for 2.0.50_3?
AFAIK, apache2 port is known-vulnerabilities free.

clem