Netscape 7.2 sites broken?

Dr. Richard E. Hawkins hawk at slytherin.ds.psu.edu
Tue Nov 30 10:56:53 PST 2004

On Wed, Nov 24, 2004 at 10:09:36PM -0600, Lars Eighner wrote:
> The netscape7 port appears broken because it cannot
> fetch the files.  Evidently the distribution sites
> have a directory ../unix/linux/.. but the Makefile
> is trying to fetch from ../unix/linux22/..

> Is there really supposed to be a linux22 directory
> which is different from the linux directory?

The directories exist, but they're empty.

You can download the manual installation version from netscape, untar
it, and move the files from the xpi directory to where the port wants
them.

Let it install the mail stuff, though:  it needs them in order for you
to decline to setup a netscape web account.

hawk

--
Richard E. Hawkins, Asst. Prof. of Economics    /"\   ASCII ribbon campaign
dochawk at psu.edu  111 Hiller (814) 375-4846      \ /   against HTML mail