INDEX build failed for 4.x

Norikatsu Shigemura nork at FreeBSD.org
Sun Nov 28 09:53:14 PST 2004

On Sun, 28 Nov 2004 07:57:24 -0800
Kris Kennaway <kris at obsecurity.org> wrote:
> > > Looks like a committer never completed a repo-copy.
> > My apologies. I thought that after nork@'s heads-up on the 20th, he did
> > update databases/sqlite to version 3 as he intended and I did the last
> > minute change; I also and verified it with make describe and since I
> > don't use `make index' on this machine I maneged to broke the INDEX.
> > Any way I could have catch it ?
> It's really the committer's responsibility, and there is a checklist
> on performing repo-copies in the committer's guide.

	Sorry, I didn't recover sqlite related ports.

	ume made me notice that SQLite3 don't have SQLite2 compatibiliry
	API.  SQLite3 is different from SQLite2.  So I changed operation
	order at HEADS UP, I'll commit by following operation order.

	1. Repocopy databases/sqlite to databases/sqlite3
	  net/gnunet will be broken (until databases/sqlite3 will be
	  updated).

	2. Update databases/sqlite3 to 3.0.5
	  net/gnunet will be unbroken, automatically.

	3. Update databases/sqlite2 to 2.8.15.

	4. Connect databases/sqlite2 to databases/Makefile

	5. Chase *_DEPEND on databases/sqlite to databases/sqlite2,

	6. Remove databases/sqlite

	7. All ports which is depended on database/sqlite2 bump PORTREVISION.

	Maybe, I can atomically commit STEP.2-7.  But I have no time
	to do this.  To get minimum time BROKEN time of net/gnunet,
	I'll do above after 2004/Dec/10.