FreeBSD Port: py23-kinterbasdb-3.1

Vitor Mazzi vitormazzi at gmail.com
Wed Nov 24 05:04:04 PST 2004

   After a clean update from 5.2.1 to 5.3, I've run into a problem
into kinterbasdb, but have no idea how to solve it.
   Running the attached code (simple database connection) returns this message:

root at vitor.ideavalley.com.br 10:51:52 $python testedbDriver.py
python in free(): error: junk pointer, too high to make sense
Abort trap (core dumped)

   While trace this problem's cause, I've tested this code with python
versions 2.3.3 and 2.3.4 (installing them from ports, package, and
python.org source) and with kinterbasdb versions 3.1_pre6 and
3.1_pre9. The error is always the same.

   To be sure the problem was related to the upgrade, I tested the
same code in a machine running 5.2.1, (python 2.3.4 installed from
package, kinterbasdb 3.1_pre9 installed from ports). As expected the
code worked with no problem. Then, the kinterbasdb compiled package
was copied to the 5.3 machine, and, after remapping libc_r to
libpthread (libmap.conf), got the same error about the junk pointer.

   Thanks
   Vitor M. A. da Cruz
   vitormazzi at gmail.com