missing libmad optimization, diff included

Ingmar Gebert ingmar.gebert at uni-rostock.de
Tue Nov 23 23:28:43 PST 2004

In fact I did measure the performance -- it shaves around 7% off the cpu hit.
Yes, that's on a low spec machine (Pentium 200 MMX) and probably negligable on
today's machines. But the way I see it: the knob doesn't hurt anybody, as the
default behaviour is kept, and the user gets more options.

Also, the mpglib alternative doesn't help as the software I'm using (musicpd)
links to libmad.