mono "make install" hangs after each .dll is installed

Rick Updegrove dislists at updegrove.net
Tue Nov 23 15:24:39 PST 2004

Hello,

On all of my FreeBSD 4.10-STABLE machines I keep trying to install
mono-1.0_1
I already have apache-2.0.52_3     Version 2 of Apache web server with
prefork MPM.
Apache/2.0.52 (FreeBSD) PHP/4.3.9 DAV/2 SVN/1.1.1 mod_ssl/2.0.52
OpenSSL/0.9.7e

"make" completes without any problems.

"make install" hangs after each .dll file is installed.  If I hit Ctrl^C
and then make install again it will continue to the next .dll file.  I
left one such instance hang for 48 hours.  This happens on all my machines.

For example:

cscompmgd installed into the gac (/usr/local/lib/mono/gac)

ByteFX.Data installed into the gac (/usr/local/lib/mono/gac)

Is anyone else having this problem?

Does anyone have any advice?

TIA !

Rick