Pass variable to pkg-install

A. Nooitgedagt a.nooit at 12move.nl
Tue Nov 23 02:44:25 PST 2004

Actually,

It does work to set variables in SCRIPTS_ENV !
I just shouldn't manipulate them in pkg-install I guess. I'm still not sure
how it works.

This is what I have as a test in Makefile:

"
pre-fetch:
        @ ${SETENV} PKG_PREFIX=${PREFIX} \
        ${SCRIPTS_ENV} USER=${USER} PG_USER=${PG_USER} GROUP=${GROUP}
UID=${UID} GID=${GID} \
        ${SH} ${PKGINSTALL} ${PORTNAME} PRE-INSTALL
"

I didn't find good docs about how a statement like that gets translate or
did I miss something.
Any pointer?

Do variable that are set like this in SCRIPTS_ENV remain available for
"post-install" or for files in the "FILESDIR" ? Or how are variables passed
around?

Thanks.

Aldert