SKYPE Sound Problems

Alexander at Leidinger.net netchild at FreeBSD.org
Mon Nov 22 04:29:44 PST 2004

Zitat von Derrick Edwards <dantavious at comcast.net>:

> 	Hi,
> I am having difficulties get the sound to work with SKYPE. I am using FreeBSD
> 5 Stable. I get the following error from the console when starting up skype.
>
> $ skype
> Engine::init invoked. user is
> Sound device is not defined
>
> Would like to know how to get the sound working with this program. All help
> would be greatly appreciated.

This sounds like you don't have a soundcard configured. Do you have
the sound drivers in the kernel, or do you load them as modules?

If not, run "kldload /boot/kernel/snd_*" and have a look at /dev/sndstat
to determine which driver is attached to your soundcard (add the driver
to /boot/loader.conf).

Bye,
Alexander.

--