Removing http://www.FreeBSD.org/ports/ and replacing with FreshPorts

Simon L. Nielsen simon at FreeBSD.org
Sat Nov 20 22:45:54 GMT 2004

On 2004.11.07 20:10:52 +0100, Simon L. Nielsen wrote:

> On the FreeBSD website we have the ports pages at
> http://www.FreeBSD.org/ports/ which are inferior in most ways to
> FreshPorts [1], so I would propose that we retire the FreeBSD ports
> web pages and just direct people at FreshPorts instead.  Does anybody
> have any strong objections to this?

FYI, since it turned out that there are actually people who do use the
ports web pages, and since I do understand the argument that some
"official" resource for ports should be available, I'm not going to
remove the /ports/ pages.

Thanks for all the comments! (also the ones which I did not respond
directly to)

--
Simon L. Nielsen
FreeBSD Documentation Team